Welcome to Demand Gen Report’s new blog series: Buzzworthy B2B. We’ve spent the past month watching the latest news and hottest trends in the industry and curated the top research statistics, latest financial news, personnel changes and more to keep you in the loop! Check out all the latest happenings in the B2B space for the month of January 2021 below!
Movers & Shakers
January presented exciting personnel changes and utilization of the latest technologies.
- Enterprise sales enablement software provider Modus recently hired Jeremy Schultz as its new COO, where he will drive the company’s future growth plans.
- DemandLab, a technology-focused marketing consultancy, created Sightline, a new solution that is designed to collect marketing and sales data from multiple marketing platforms and demand generation channels. The technology will generate customer insights that help marketers accurately measure their revenue and impact across B2B lead lifecycles.
- PROS, a provider of AI-powered solutions, brought on Sherry Lautenbach as its new SVP of Global B2B Sales to help accelerate adoption of PRO’s solutions in enterprise digital channels.
- Casted, a podcast platform for B2B marketers, unveiled Casted Video Podcasting, which will provide customers with access to updated landing pages with video players, updated embed players for video, videograms, adding/managing video and video analytics.
- Peter Isaacson, CMO of Demandbase, announced that he will be stepping down from his role in a LinkedIn post, but will continue his advisory role for B2B orgs in the ABM field. Jon Miller has stepped into the role as the company’s new Chief Marketing & Product Officer.
It’s all about the money, money, money, and the following companies secured large investments, set new revenue records and even prepared for a debut on the NYSE.
ON24 Files For IPO, Valuated At $2.2 Billion
- ON24, a webinar platform, set the terms for its initial public offering (IPO), where it stands to raise up to $315.9 million, bringing the company’s total value to $2.2 billion. The company will offer 6.3 million shares expected to price between $45 and $50 per share. The company set aside an additional 2.3 million shares for shareholders.
6sense Sets New Customer, Company & Revenue Records
- 6sense has achieved 100% revenue growth for the third year in a row, which has allowed it to add multiple integrations and account-based offerings to its platform. The company also increased its full-time employee headcount to more than 300 employees across three continents. New customers include Brightcove, Cognizant and SYKES.
Sitecore Receives $1.2B Investment
- Sitecore secured a $1.2B investment to fuel a large-scale growth plan to innovate products, increase its go-to-market presence, expand its geographic footprint and enhance its global brand.
SalesLoft Valued At $1.1 Billion After $100 Million Equity Investment
- SalesLoft raised $100 million at a $1.1 billion valuation with help from Owl Rock Capital, bringing total funding to $245 million. SalesLoft will use this funding to invest in new vertical markets, AI/ML-driven insights and product innovation and further international expansion.
Throughout the month, new research provided insights into best marketing practices, tips on how to improve strategies and figures to put the findings in more context. Here are the key takeaways.
The Vital Role Of CX For Success
With 63% of decision-makers placing a greater emphasis on customer experience (CX), many are adopting technology to enable these experiences, according to a recent study from Zendesk, a customer service software company.
The Success Of Free Virtual Event Registration
As virtual events continue to be a vital component of marketing strategies, 80% of event organizers saw success with free registration for their virtual events, according to research from event platform Bizzabo.
ABM Practices Resulted In Higher ROI In 2020
Research from the ABM Leadership Alliance and ITSMA suggests ABM continues to dominate B2B, with 76% of marketers experiencing higher ROI when employing ABM programs in 2020 than any other marketing strategy.
The Power Of Push Notifications
- Demandbase Acquires InsideView, DemandMatrix To Create Premium B2B Data & Intelligence Solutions
- The Cornerstone For Marketing Teams In 2021: Agility
- ON24 Expands Platform Capabilities With Breakout Rooms
- #COSeries21 Preview: B2B Marketers Adopt New Priorities For Global Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Buzzworthy B2B: The Latest News & Trends From March 2021