Welcome back to Demand Gen Report's CXO Conversations, a video interview seriesthat provides our audience with insider access to C-suite executives from some of the top B2B brands, as well as the hottest companies in the martech community.
In the latest episode, Host Klaudia Tirico sits down with Randi Barshack, CMO of RollWorks, to discuss the continued misalignment between marketing and sales. As Barshack detailed in a blog post, the relationship between marketing and sales is emblematic of a marriage, as it requires open lines of communication and an understanding of the other's needs to see success.
Throughout the conversation, Tirico and Barshack extend the metaphor and chat about steps organizations can take toward internal alignment, which include:
- Building "healthier" martech stacks around companies' specific processes and needs;
- Analyzing shortcomings on all internal campaigns — even successful ones — to identify areas for improvement; and
- Keeping teams' energy and engagement up as the world enters the second year of the pandemic.
Additionally, the pair touch on:
- The power of ABM to help SMBs work around bandwidth issues;
- Virtual and hybrid events' ongoing value post-pandemic;
- How to tier and score leads to determine intent and qualification; and
- Much more!